Software To Systems, Inc.software2sys.com
Contact Us Toll free: 1 (855) 217.9312 | email@example.com
How To Build A Good EMR And Accelerate your EHR adoption ...
Dynamic Processing Technology (Discrete Reportable Transcription) - synchronize data across patient charts. Doctors can continue dictating (if they so desire) the patient visit with no change whatsoever to the way that they are currently practicing medicine. A DRT enabled EHR takes transcribed output and enters it directly into the patient’s clinical chart as discrete recordable data, meaning the documentation can be queried for statistics, graphing, reporting and contributes to a “Full EHR” system!
Studies reveal that template based charting could distract from important cognitive workflow for providing care, thus limiting thoughtful review and analysis. DRT allows practices to view clinical data without giving up “narrative dictation”.
According to research, the top two reasons that EMR adoption and implementation are no further along - COST and DISRUPTION OF THE PRACTICE
There IS a solution! Synchronize transcription with electronic medical records, along with project planning, team involvement, a strong support system for guidance and training will result in a “phased in” approach and successfully implementation. Physicians reap all the benefits of an efficient way to run the clinical side of the patient visit while continuing their current methods of practicing medicine! Other benefits include staff having access to the clinical chart, improved / integrated clinical documentation, coding, reporting to create graphs, outcome reports, historical information, track health maintenance, view current medications and much more.
Physicians can continue to dictate in their current charting style with Discrete Recordable Data.
Other options to choose from are Transcription, Speech Recognition, Templates and Keyboarding.
Transcribed output is entered directly into the EHR as discrete recordable data,
allowing physicians to practice medicine and interact with patients without disruptive changes.
Resources / Links
DRT Links to National Consultant Articles
Medical Transcription Relevance: DRT Aids Meaningful Use
- Advocacy Summit - Transcription and Meaningful Use for EHR Adoption
- Press Release
- AC Group a healthcare technology advisory discussing the
challenges of EHR adoption - Discrete Recordable Transcription
Links to Medical Transcription Services and HIT Technology Solutions
- Off The Record - Article re: Avoiding the pitfalls of going electronic - reprinted from New England Journal of Medicine (link to PDF)
- Medical Transcription Industry Association News
Health information technology (health IT) Regional Extension Center
Meaningful use and interoperability without changing current dictation charting style
- STS Bridging The Gap - More about...Meaninful use (Checklist "Keeping it simple")
- Electronic Medical Records Partnered with Discrete Reportable Transcription - Video
- Discrete Reportable Transcription - STS Press Release
- Meaningful Use Final Ruling Video
- Meaningful Use Final Ruling Stage 1 Mapping Grid by McKesson